Wednesday, January 16, 2008

manhunt

Just spent the last 45 minutes sitting in my car. When I get to the front, no wreck, just officers with flashlights. "Lost someone?" I ask. "No mam, just someone is running away from us we have officers and TDCJ dogs all along the right side of the highway, so drive carefully." Just one of the perks of living in Prison City I guess. The thing that always gets me is, why run? They always catch them, or they turn up dead. You never hear of the prisoner who escaped and then lived happily ever after. So should I attribute it to optimism of stupidity? My guess is the latter.MANHUNT UPDATE: Not prisoners, copper wire thieves. They were trying to steal the phone line that ran under the bridge. When the police showed up they ran, and got away. Maybe there is a happily ever after for the bad guys after all.

No comments: