Saturday, February 16, 2008

Caving

Last weekend I went caving at Colorado Bend State Park. I went with the Outdoor Rec group at the University where I work. The best part wasn't the caving, or the camping, it was just the people. It's been so long since I have enjoyed just being with people so much. I get so used to it being an oddball thing for me to want to do something like caving, or eat something like hummus (both of which I was ridiculed for this week), that it was just nice for it to be the norm to want to crawl on your belly through a muddy hole, and to eat with people who think hummus is a staple. Just the general relaxed, non-competitive, non-judgmental attitude of the entire group was such a pleasant shift. I will definitely go again, if they will have me. Oh yeah, caving was awesome too.

1 comment:

Kayleigh said...

i definitely bought a tub of 'sporty spice' when i got home, lol...