Wednesday, February 6, 2008

stolen moment

I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up to Sony having a puggish asthma attack. Once he calmed down I tried to go back to sleep, but my inner-critic was up too and decided 2am was the appropriate time to gnaw at the inside on my skull. He wanted me to know that I needed to change my oil and that I shouldn't wear the same pair of jeans three times a week and that I hadn't started to accomplish any of the goals that I set for myself which is OK since they weren't worth a crap anyway. After about 45 minutes of that I got up took a shower, and then went back to bed. I woke up groggy and crappy and late. I would have called in sick, but I had responsibilities at work, people waiting for me to finish their projects. Things due. I called in late. Sometimes when I do this I steal a little moment for myself. I got dressed, brushed my hair, ate my breakfast, had my tea, and then, instead of bustling off to the office, I looked into three little puppy faces and asked, "Do you wanna go for a walk in the woods?" Heads tilt. Ears perk up. There is a mad dash to the front gate, and we are off. A moment in the day where I transfered my time from looming deadlines and a sunless building to a sunlit walk down a little wooded path with three friends who run through the trees for the sheer joy of a new smell.

No comments: