Wednesday, September 12, 2007

factory girl?

I went to Cafe Express for lunch today and had a veggie chef salad and peppermint tea (YUM!) The weird thing was that the girl making my tea turned around and asked, "Have you seen that movie, Factory Girl?" And I said, "no." I could tell by the look on her face that she was expecting me to say yes that there was more. Instead she handed me my tea and said, "well, it's about Andy Warhol and that girl, whatshername?" It was a weird moment, I wanted to know what prompted her to ask that question, was she bored, did something remind her of that movie, me? the tea? Did I just look like the type of person who would watch the film? Now I will have to watch it. I have a feeling that I will never know what connected this movie that girl and me.

1 comment:

est1979 said...

bad new friend, i have seen that movie (or at least the 1st hour or so, and then i had to stop watching it) and i dont remember anything interesting about it. Other than it was remarkably bad. Since she decided to mention it to you, i think she must have liked it. Which means she is stupid, and you should keep an eye on her because she might forget to breathe